Import Data from File
To import data from a source file into Matchbook AI, perform the following steps.
1. Log into platform and navigate to the Import Data section in the main menu.
2. Click on the Import Data button and select the Import File.
|Note: By selecting Import Data, you have the option to import data through UI or automated import.|
- The Import Data dialog box is displayed as shown here.
4. Select the file type of the file that you want to import data from.
Data can be imported from the following 5 file types:
- Excel file
- CSV file
- TSV file
- Text file with Custom Delimiter
- Choose a delimiter value from the available options in the dropdown menu.
- Fixed Width text file
- Choose the text file you want to import by clicking on the browse option.
- Proceed by clicking the “Next” button.
- Specify the starting position of each column.
- Specify the length of the text for each column.
- The column names will be automatically filled in.
- An example will be automatically populated once the text length is defined.
Select the Import Type. This allows users to match and improve the imported data. There are two ways to import your data:
1. Cleanse, Match & Enrichment: This feature enables you to verify and align imported data with data from third-party providers to guarantee its correctness, utility, and precision. After the data has been verified and aligned, it is augmented with pertinent information sourced from third-party data providers.
2. Enrichment Only: This functionality permits the enhancement of data that has undergone cleaning and alignment through a comparison with data from third-party data providers. Subsequently, the data is enriched to enhance or expand its content with additional pertinent information from external referential sources. To select this option, perform the following steps.
- If you are importing data from a file, select the Enrichment Only option.
- If you are importing data from a single record, switch the toggle to Enrichment only.
- Enter the Source Record ID.
- Enter the DUNS Number.
- Select the required field value.
- Click Save Data.
2. After selecting the required import type, click Next to proceed.
3. To upload the source data file, click on the Browse button.
4. You can also select any existing templates to define the data import, by selecting it from the list of options provided in the Select File Template dropdown menu. Choose the file template. This allows users to save a mapping of the file in the Matchbook AI platform. To know more about templates and how to create/manage templates in Matchbook AI, refer to the File Template section of this guide.
Specify whether the source file contains headers by checking the Has Header checkbox. This updates the system for data mapping to be performed based on the Header Name and not the position.
|Note: If “Has Header” checkbox is not selected, then it can be selected during Data Mapping as an Input Header. For more information on how to add/modify input headers, refer to the Data Mapping section of this guide.|
- Choose the file you want to import from its location on your system and click Next.
|Note: For importing the file, it is mandatory that the file is closed in the background.|
- Select the required Sheet.
|Note: This step is required for Excel or CSV formats, that may contain multiple sheets. This feature enables you to choose and import the specific sheet you need.|
- Click “Next” after providing the required information. Further steps to map your data have been discussed in the Data Mapping section of this guide.